Applied High Voltage, LLC
403 New Karner Road
Albany, NY 12205
Mark Scher, P.E., President
General Career Opportunities
Jan. 8, 2020:
Applied High Voltage currently has several career opportunities available. We are hiring Engineers, Project Managers and Site Managers. Also, we have other positions for which we are seeking qualified candidates. For consideration, please send your CV to email@example.com.
8/17/20 – Job Posting (see below for specific contact instructions for this posting)
Project Engineer – Electrical
Applied High Voltage, LLC (Albany, NY) seeks a Project Engineer – Electrical to design LV, HV, EHV electrical power systems with emphasis on design of electrical power substations of transmission and distribution systems. Responsible for leading a team of engineers and drafters for substation engineering design projects including detailed electrical and physical design for high voltage substation projects.
– Practical knowledge and understanding of Engineering/Procurement/Construction types of projects.
– Coordinate project flow and issues between all engineering discipline and project management.
– Provide engineering support to project management, procurement and construction on all stages of projects.
– Coordinate and lead multi-disciplines engineering team to efficiently execute engineering and design of substation/transmission projects.
– Develop single-line switching and protection diagrams.
– Create equipment specifications and support procurement of equipment including working with vendors and review of the vendor/contractor-proposed equipment.
– Develop three-line and DC schematic diagrams.
– Develop and maintain a bill of material.
– Develop cable and conduit schedule, including sizing.
– Conduct the required calculations and create reports:
– AC and DC systems including sizing DC battery
– Overvoltage protection and coordination
– Conduit fill
– Lightning protection
– Develop control panel layouts and wiring diagrams.
– Select protective devices and ratings.
– Review and coordinate substation physical drawings and calculations including general arrangements, clearances, details, conduit, grounding, lightning protection, etc.
– Design underground MV and HV cabling systems including cable ampacity, installation details, etc.
– Coordinate design with clients, vendors and subcontractors, including attendance at meetings.
– Assure that all engineering documents and records are properly maintained.
– Coordinate with purchasing and quality control personnel.
– Coordination/guidance of designers/drafters and detailed review/approval of electrical drawings.
– Understanding unique requirements and constraints of multiple types of projects, including engineering-only, EPC, utility, renewable, industrial, commercial, etc.
– Project Engineers’ travel level is typically 10%.
– Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Power Engineering or related and 5 years of experience in the design of transmission level substations including 4 years of experience in the following:
– High-voltage substation protection and control, electrical and SCADA systems
– Creation of new relay panel wiring drawings
– Design and coordination for EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) projects, and direct client interaction
– Development of AC & DC schematics pertaining to relay upgrades including modification of one lines and three lines, and, SCADA integration one lines and AC/DC schematics and wiring
– Calculation of net DC loads and battery sizing, AC station service requirements, and voltage drop
– Experience in AutoCAD and Microstation.
– Knowledge of NEC, ANSI, NEMA, IEEE and other applicable codes and standards.
To apply for this job position, email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.